CLIENT SERVICES MANAGER
We are seeking a Client Services Manager. The Client Services Manager is responsible for the administration of IOAS clients in all aspects of the processing of applications for accreditation to ensure the delivery of all Accreditation Schemes with high integrity and exceptional client service. You will work with a multi-national team and be working with clients all over the world. The role will suit candidates in the early stages of their career with enthusiasm for IOAS core values of integrity, quality, innovation and overall improving the quality of life for people and the planet.
- This is a full-time, long term role and you will be contracted as self-employed unless you are based in the USA;
- You will work from your own home office. Some travel may be required. IOAS will pay basic office costs and all travel related expenses.
- You are obligated to do the work independently; it shall not be subcontracted in any capacity;
- You will receive a complete induction and ongoing training.
- Full time salary will be $40,000 USD or equivalent.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience and familiarity working with databases, spreadsheets and Microsoft applications;
- Previous experience and interest in a customer facing role;
- Excellent organisational skills and enjoyment in being detail oriented and methodical;
- Experience with organic certification or accreditation is desirable but not essential;
- Fluency in spoken English is essential with an ability to write clear, well-structured correspondence;
- At least one other language is desirable.
Applicants must be able to work on their own as well as part of a team, show good attention to detail and maintain the highest level of integrity. Computer literacy is essential.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in this role along with Curriculum Vitae, references, and copies of applicable certifications/qualifications to email@example.com with subject line ‘2109 CSM recruitment, Attn: David Crucefix
October 1, 2021
We are seeking to appoint a full-time Assessor with experience in certification and/or accreditation in the fields of organic and sustainable agriculture, manufacturing and related areas. The assessor is responsible for the technical assessment of selected clients against the applicable requirements for accreditation. The Assessor is required to conduct assessments with high integrity and exceptional rigour. This includes providing thorough and objective evaluations, appropriateness of non-conformities issued, and corrective actions accepted, timeliness of work, and effectiveness of the process.
- This is a full-time, long term role and you will be contracted as self-employed unless you are based in the USA.
- You will work from your own home office. Some travel will be required. IOAS will pay basic office costs and all travel related expenses.
- You are obligated to do the work independently; it shall not be subcontracted in any capacity.
- You will receive complete induction and ongoing training.
- Salary range: USD45-50,000 according to experience.
Interested candidates must have a minimum 3-5 years’ experience conducting assessments of, or inspections for, certification bodies for organic, sustainable, social compliance, and/or related food, textiles, or cosmetics manufacturing schemes.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience working with agriculture schemes relevant to IOAS work.
- Lead auditor qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a database environment.
- Ability to work on their own as well as part of a team.
- Ability to plan, manage and liaise with others for audit purposes.
- Ability to be objective and honest.
- Ability to maintain a calm temperament.
- Ability to analyse findings and identify appropriate nonconformities.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential with an ability to write clear, well-structured reports.
- Willingness to work flexibly to accommodate different time zones.
- Willingness to travel to perform assessments.
- At least one other language is desirable.
Preference will be given to candidates based in Asia and the Pacific region.
Please visit our website to download the application form (FR0403), and submit the completed form, along with Curriculum Vitae, References, and copies of applicable certifications/qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Full time Assessor Recruitment’, Attn: Iris Rendon
October 31, 2021
FREELANCE ASSESSOR – TEXTILES
We are seeking an Assessor with particular expertise in organic and sustainable textile schemes and related industries. The Assessor is responsible to ensure the delivery of all Accreditation Schemes with high integrity thorough and objective assessments, appropriateness of corrective actions, timeliness of work, and efficiency of the process.
1. This is a freelance contract opportunity, compensation is based on a daily rate and is commensurate with experience and relevant expertise.
2. Work is assigned based on qualification and competence of the individual to conduct document review, assessments, and/or serve as Technical Expert.
3. Assignments will be offered by IOAS on an as-needed basis. The consultant may reject assignments based on availability and/or ability to complete the work.
1.Prepare thoroughly for the assessment work including the review of any documentation indicated by IOAS.
2.Collaborate with IOAS in making all arrangements for any on-site visits and being responsible for booking their own travel where applicable, including completing any country entry requirements.
3.Where travel, meetings or inspections for any assessment are combined with any other activities, this should be done in agreement with IOAS. Where such activities are agreed to, the travel costs will be apportioned accordingly.
4. Familiarise themselves with the report format prepared by the Client Manager and ensure that they have available all relevant and up to date normative documents and relevant documents of the CB and any relevant history of IOAS assessment.
5. At an initial meeting with CB staff explain the purpose and scope of the assessment including proposed timing and resources required.
6. Using the visit report format, either alone or with another assessor or technical expert, conduct an assessment of the CB according to the relevant norms and requirements maintaining an impartial perspective at all times.
7. Provide information and explanations to the CB but avoid the provision of solutions to noncompliances.
8. Collect and record objective evidence of compliance and noncompliance of the CB with the relevant norms.
9. Manage time carefully to ensure the visit schedule is implemented fully and all required questions are covered.
10. In an exit meeting present to the CB staff the findings from the assessment making clear that these findings are subject to review by IOAS office and ultimately the Accreditation Committee.
11. Observe the assessment procedures, rules and guidelines of IOAS as set down in the relevant policies and procedures.
12. Follow any specific instructions of IOAS with respect to the visit, including any direction on the number or nature of files to be reviewed and the number and type of operators to be visited.
13. Complete the appropriate IOAS visit questionnaire with respect to the compliance of the certification body with the relevant Norms and to document all circumstances that appear exceptional, unclear or that remain unsettled, in additional and detailed remarks.
14. Upon return from the assessment visit, provide the report to IOAS in English in the appropriate format within two weeks.
15. Make themselves available to respond to any questions arising from the review of the report by IOAS.
16. Commit not to undertake employment or contracted work for any subject organisation for at least 12 months after the visit is performed.
Successful applicants will have at least 4 of the following:
– minimum 5 years’ experience in roles in the textiles and/or recycling industry;
– good technical knowledge of textile manufacturing processes such as ginning, spinning, wet and dry processing, dyeing and finishing;
– knowledge and experience with environmental and social aspects of the textile industry;
– experience with inspection, certification and audit technique. Lead Assessor Qualification is preferred;
– experience with implementing and/or maintaining and/or auditing a Quality Management System in a textiles manufacturing setting;
– familiarity with GOTS and Textile Exchange Certification Standards and requirements.
– specialist knowledge of assessment of chemical inputs for GOTS organic textiles.
Applicants must be able to work on their own as well as part of a team, show good attention to detail and maintain the highest level of integrity. Fluency in spoken English is essential with an ability to write clear, well-structured reports. Computer literacy is essential. At least one other language is highly desirable.
Please visit our website to download the application form (FR0403), and submit the completed form, along with Curriculum Vitae, References, and copies of applicable certifications/qualifications to email@example.com with subject line ‘Assessor Recruitment’, Attn: Iris Rendon
APPLICATIONS OF INTEREST ARE BEING SOUGHT FOR IOAS FUTURE BOARD MEMBERS
The IOAS board is constituted in a manner that safeguards impartiality and enables the participation of all parties from various sectors significantly concerned in the development and principles regarding the content and functioning of the accreditation system.
Potential Board members should have a background from one of the following sectors ; conformity assessment (certification & inspection); operators; beneficiaries (consumers, environment, retail, trade, movement); developing world; and regulatory.
We are particularly keen to receive applications from those within the Operator categories and those with business expertise.
Elections to the Board shall be for three-year terms with the possibility of re-appointed.
Candidates shall demonstrate the following requirements:
1. Good knowledge of the English language.
2. Standing and authority in their field.
3. High degree of personal integrity, including ability to maintain confidentiality and show due concern for conflict of interest.
4. Evidence of supporting the aims and objectives of organic agriculture and/or IFOAM’s mission
5. Ability to attend, prepare for and actively participate in meetings
6. In the case of those chosen as representatives of the fields of inspection or certification a considerable degree of experience and expertise is required.
Candidates must apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A nomination from any organisation or individual.
- A full curriculum vitae (resumé)
- A statement of their interest in seeking the appointment.
Applications accepted until further notice.