IOAS is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By ‘your information’ we mean any information that you or third parties provide to us.
Use of the IOAS website and Cookies
Cookies and web beacons are small text files or graphic files which are stored on the user’s computer when the IOAS website is opened. These are not capable of downloading data from hard disks or of forwarding email addresses or other user data. They allow us to enable our client area, run our searchable Certification Body Database, combat fraud, and analyse how our website is performing, among other things.
Our website also includes web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers Google analytics, Twitter and Facebook. The IOAS also uses the Twitter “Tweet” and Facebook “like” Button and related cookies to let people easily promote articles to their friends. These buttons collect: Anonymous: Browser Information, Cookie Data , Date/Time, Demographic Data, Hardware/Software Type, Internet Service Provider, Interaction Data, Page Views, Pseudonymous: IP Address (EU PII), Search History, Device ID (EU PII). Please view the privacy policies of these organisation directly.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies, and controls from some third-party analytics service providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons and similar technologies. Please note that your browser settings may impact your experiences with our products.
IOAS General Privacy Principles
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information.
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose, we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained.
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it.
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
- We will continuously review and assess the quality of our information.
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information, and ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws, and ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held.
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes, the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles.
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred.
- We will not forward personal data to third parties or otherwise grant them access to it unless this is necessary for providing the service which IOAS has been requested to perform. Exceptions to this may arise due to legal requirements such as a court subpoena for criminal investigation or other authorities.
- We will retain information collected about you for as long as permitted for legitimate business purposes.
Information we collect
If you are an IOAS client, you will have signed a contract with us agreeing to provide us with the certain information. We will only use the information for legitimate business purposes in order to assess and provide accreditation for the schemes you have requested and to calculate fees. Where you provide information about others (for example, work colleagues) you must ensure that you have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide this information to us.
If you have subscribed to our email Newsletter list, we will ask for clear consent.Our list is held by Mailchimp and subject additionally to their privacy policies. We will request your name, organisation, position, email and ask you to classify yourself within an audience group in order to provide the most relevant news. You may log in and unsubscribe or amend your details at any time.
If you are an IOAS business contact and have provided us with your personal details including your name, address, job title, employer and contact telephone or skype details we will store these details in the IOAS main database which will be available only to IOAS employees for the purpose of legitimate business.
If you have any questions about privacy at IOAS or wish to request changes to the personal data held by IOAS, please email IOAS at email@example.com
Materials contained in this Site are the copyrighted property of IOAS. All rights reserved. IOAS neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed in this Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with IOAS. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, reproduce, re-post or use the copyrighted materials on this Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video, without the express written consent of IOAS. You are hereby authorised to view, download, print and distribute individual pages from this Site subject to the following conditions:
The copyrighted materials on this Site may be used for informational purposes only.
Except as specifically authorised by IOAS, the copyrighted materials on this Site may only be used for non-commercial, personal purposes.
Any copy or distribution of the copyrighted materials on this Site, or portion thereof, must include this copyright notice, and all other copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials.
Unless otherwise stated, all text featured on this website is copyright of IOAS. Any reproduction, in full or in part, must credit IOAS.
All photographs featured on this site are subject to copyright and must not be reproduced without permission. If you are interested in using any of the images, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everything on this Site is provided to you “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or arising from a course of dealing, usage trade or practice. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above disclaimer may not apply to you. In addition, the materials contained in this Site could contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. IOAS may make improvements and/or changes in this Site and promotions described in this Site at any time without notice. IOAS also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing within this Site, or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this Site. In no event shall IOAS be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, lost profits, or lost data or any indirect damages, even if IOAS has been informed of the possibility thereof.
This Site may contain links to Sites owned or operated by parties other than IOAS. IOAS has not reviewed the content of all sites linked to this Site. IOAS does not control outside sites and is not responsible for the content of any offsite pages or any other sites linked to this Site. Linking to any other offsite pages or other sites is at your own risk. Outside sites may contain information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. IOAS assumes no responsibility for the screening of any site that is included as a link, and assumes no responsibility for the content, completeness, availability, accuracy, legality or decency of any linked site. IOAS does not endorse any products or services available from other sites, and it is not responsible for the failure of any linked site to provide any promised goods or services. This Site may link you to pages that may have been removed or modified since the information was last collected and indexed.
You may link your site to www.ioas.org on the following conditions: You shall not place any content from this Site in a frame on your site. You shall not imply that IOAS endorses your site, or any products on your site. You shall not misrepresent the relationship of your site with IOAS. You shall not present false information about IOAS products or services. You shall not use the IOAS trademarks without express written permission. Your site shall not contain material that could be construed as offensive. Your site shall be appropriate for all age groups. You shall indemnify and hold harmless IOAS and employees from any claim brought by any third party arising out of your linking to this Site. You agree to immediately remove your link immediately upon request by IOAS, or if you breach any of these conditions.