IOAS provides assessment against an increasing range of standard schemes in organic and sustainable agriculture and related areas which match our overall mission. We are not, and do not want to be, active in all areas of economic activity. We are a specialist which means our clients receive a rigorous but empathetic assessment.
For a certification body (CB) considering an application to IOAS the first steps are to:
- Recognise the need for accreditation or approval to the scheme(s);
- Understand what accreditation or approval to that scheme will provide the CB and its clients;
- Understand the requirements against which IOAS will assess the CB;
- Identify the various steps for application which may include application to the scheme owner;
- Recognise the rights and obligations that the accreditation or approval demands;
- Be clear on the initial and on-going costs of maintaining the accreditation or approval including any fees to the scheme owner.
To obtain this information IOAS provides the following documents on this web site:
- General operating manual
- Specific scheme operating manuals (please see the page on the relevent scheme)
- IOAS Application Information document
- Sample accreditation or surveillance contracts for each scheme (please see the page on the relevent scheme)
- Fee schedule
- IOAS application form
After referring to these documents your initial contact in the IOAS should be our Assistant Executive Director Iris Rendon who can be contacted at email@example.com She will be happy to answer any questions that might remain.
Completion and submission of the application form triggers the start of the assessment process.