Regulation (EU) 2021/1691 amending requirements to record-keeping by operators in certification to EU 848/2018.
Regulation (EU) 2021/1697 defines required elements for recognition of control authorities and certification bodies to Regulation EU 848/2018 i.e for compliance, as well as defined cases in which the Commission may withdraw a recognition of a certification body.
Regulation (EU) 2021/1698 now includes a wide range of important points such as:
- Proceedings for initial recognition of certification bodies to Regulation EU 848/2018 (i.e for compliance),
- Requirements for ongoing supervision of the recognised certification bodies,
- Requirements to controls to operators by the certification bodies and control authorities, including re. additional controls,
- Introduced specific controls in cases of High-risk products (Art. 8),
- Specific requirements for certification of producer groups,
- Requirement to certification bodies for having catalogue of measures in cases of established non-compliances of their operators – Annex IV.