The EU commission have published the amended regulation EU 977-2020 regarding remote inspections.
EU 977-2020 remote inspections
In summary, where access restrictions apply, this amendment:
- Allows CBs to perform the annual inspection of current low risk operations through document checks and/or using remote communication options – no particular requirements are described for the latter;
- Allows the above for higher risk operations, new applications and for granting retroactive conversion as long as a physical inspection is performed as soon as access restrictions are lifted. New applications may be certified before the on-site inspection takes place;
- Allows the sampling taking rate to be reduced from 5% to 2% for the year 2020;
- Allows the additional inspection rate to be reduced from 10% to 5% for the year 2020;
- Allows the unannounced inspection rate to be reduced from 10% to 5% for the year 2020;
- Certain allowances are made on completion of certificates of inspection up to September 30, 2020.