As a result of increasing personnel and implementation of more sophisticated IT systems, the IOAS is seeking to appoint an entry level IT Systems Administrator. The IT Systems Administrator role is to ensure IOAS data handling and communication systems are set up to give maximum benefit to the users and the company, are up-to-date and available to staff allowing them to perform their job duties, and that appropriate technical support is provided as needed.
1. This is a part-time hourly position, approximately 20 hours per week with potential to increase hours up to full time as the IOAS grows.
2. You will be contracted as self-employed unless you are based in the USA.
3. You will work from your own home office. IOAS will pay for internet and basic office costs.
4. You are obligated to do the work independently; it shall not be subcontracted in any capacity.
5. Hourly rate to be between USD$17.50 – $18.50 based on education and experience.
Interested candidates must have formal education in computer science or related discipline and be familiar with Microsoft Office applications and administration. Some experience working with databases is desirable, and preference will be given to candidates with experience working remotely. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Experience managing servers including Remote Desktop access and cloud-based environments
• Experience working independently to provide technical solutions to business requirements
• Good problem-solving abilities, demonstrating innovation and initiative
• Good eye for accuracy and attention to detail
• Flexibility and willingness to assist others.
The tasks of the IT Systems Administrator include the following:
1. Server administration including system maintenance, user management, troubleshooting
2. Microsoft Administration including user and application support, implementation and training
3. General technical support for user hardware and software, installation, security, etc.
4. Other tasks as assigned, such as telecommunications and database updates
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in this role along with Curriculum Vitae, references, and copies of applicable certifications/qualifications to email@example.com with subject line ‘2022 IT Systems Administrator recruitment’, Attn: Iris Rendon
March 4, 2022