CLIENT MANAGER / ASSESSOR – TEXTILES
As a result of expanding workloads in 2020 due to an increased number of applicants we are seeking a Client Manager/Assessor with particular expertise in organic textiles. The Client Manager/Assessor is responsible for the administration of selected clients in all aspects of the processing of applications for accreditation. They ensure the delivery of all Accreditation Schemes with high integrity and exceptional client service. This includes responsiveness to clients’ inquiries and/or requests, thorough and objective assessments, appropriateness of corrective actions, timeliness of work, and efficiency of the process.
- This is a full-time, long term role and you will be contracted as self-employed unless you are based in the USA;
- You will work from your own office with some work being conducted remotely but it is expected that significant travel will be required. IOAS will pay basic office costs and all travel related expenses;
- You are obligated to do the work independently; it shall not be subcontracted in any capacity;
- You will receive a complete induction and ongoing training on IOAS and its assessment procedures;
- All assessment preparation, execution, and reporting shall be completed based on the IOAS requirements and forms.
Successful applicants will have at least 4 of the following:
- minimum 5 years’ experience in roles in the textiles and/or recycling industry;
- good technical knowledge of textile manufacturing processes such as ginning, spinning, wet and dry processing, dyeing and finishing;
- knowledge and experience with environmental and social aspects of the textile industry;
- experience with inspection, certification and audit technique. Lead Assessor Qualification is preferred but not required;
- experience with implementing and/or maintaining and/or auditing a Quality Management System in a textiles manufacturing setting;
- familiarity with GOTS and Textile Exchange Certification Standards and requirements.
Applicants must be able to work on their own as well as part of a team, show good attention to detail and maintain the highest level of integrity. Fluency in spoken English is essential with an ability to write clear, well-structured reports. Computer literacy is essential. At least one other language is highly desirable.
Please visit our website to download the application form (FR0403), and submit the completed form, along with Curriculum Vitae, references, and copies of applicable certifications/qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘2020 CM – Textiles Recruitment’, Attn: David Crucefix.
December 20, 2020