As a result of expanding workloads in 2020 due to an increased number of applicants we are seeking a Technical Expert with experience in organic and natural cosmetics primarily for the purpose of conducting file reviews and completing audits of operator inspections as part of accreditation assessment activities.
1. This is a freelance contract opportunity, with compensation based on a daily rate.
2. Assignments will be offered by IOAS on an as-needed basis and are arranged with at least two months’ notice. The number of days per annum will depend on performance and demand but can be expected to be between 20-30 days. The contractor may reject assignments based on availability and/or ability to complete the work.
3. You will work from your own office with some audits being conducted remotely but some travel will be required, and the contractor must be able to organize travel arrangements and submit all expense receipts as applicable.
4. The contractor is obligated to do the assessment work independently, it shall not be subcontracted in any capacity.
5. All assessment preparation, execution, and reporting shall be completed based on the IOAS requirements and forms.
Successful applicants will have at least 4 of the following:
• a university degree in the field of cosmetics, chemistry or related subject;
• at least 5 years professional experience in the cosmetics industry in a technical capacity;
• good technical knowledge of cosmetic ingredients and good manufacturing practice;
• experience with inspection, certification and audit technique. Lead Assessor Qualification is preferred but not essential;
• experience with implementing and/or maintaining and/or auditing a Quality Management System in a cosmetics manufacturing setting;
• familiarity with COSMOS and NATRUE Certification Standards and requirements.
The role may suit academics, researchers or freelance auditors working in this field. Applicants must be able to work on their own as well as part of a team, show good attention to detail and maintain the highest level of integrity. Fluency in spoken English is essential with an ability to write clear, well-structured reports. At least one other language is desirable but not essential. Computer literacy is essential. Training on IOAS assessment will be provided.
Please visit the job page of the IOAS website to download the application form (FR0403), and submit the completed form, along with Curriculum Vitae, references, and copies of applicable certifications/qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘2020 Cosmetics Expert Recruitment’, Attn: David Crucefix
December 20, 2020