We are seeking to appoint a person in the new position of Operations Manager to join the IOAS senior management team.
The Operations Manager (OM) will be responsible for managing the day-to-day implementation of all Accreditation and Assessment activity and is the principal IOAS management contact with client organisations. The OM ensures the work is delivered according to schedule and requirements and takes primary responsibility for day-to-day management of the Client Service Managers. The OM will work closely with the current Technical Director.
You will work with a multi-national team who, in turn, work with clients all over the world. The role will suit candidates with considerable experience in managing a team working remotely in a busy and challenging environment and with enthusiasm for the IOAS core values of integrity, quality, innovation and overall improving the quality of life for people and the planet.
- This is a full-time, long term role and you will be contracted as self-employed unless you are based in the USA.
- You will work from your own home office. Some travel may be required. IOAS will pay basic office costs and all travel related expenses.
- You are obligated to do the work independently; it shall not be subcontracted in any capacity.
- You will receive complete induction and ongoing training.
- Salary range: USD65-75,000 according to experience.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A proven track record in managing a team of people in the certification or accreditation sector;
- Previous experience, familiarity and enthusiasm for working with databases, spreadsheets and Microsoft applications;
- Excellent organisational skills and enjoyment in problem solving and supporting others to reach their full potential;
- Experience with organic and sustainability standard certification or accreditation is highly desirable;
- Previous experience and interest in a customer facing role;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential with an ability to write clear, well-structured correspondence;
- Willingness to work flexibly to accommodate different time zones;
- At least one other language is desirable.
Applicants must be able to work on their own as well as part of a team, show good attention to detail and maintain the highest level of integrity. Computer literacy is essential.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in this role along with Curriculum Vitae, references, and copies of applicable certifications/qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘2108 OM recruitment, Attn: David Crucefix
September 12, 2021