As a result of expanding workloads in 2020 due to an increased number of applicants we are seeking qualified Technical Assessors with experience in organic and sustainable textile schemes and related industries who are located in China, primarily for the purpose of completing audits of operator inspections as part of accreditation assessment activities (ie scope specific witness and/or review audits).
- This is a freelance contract opportunity, with compensation based on a daily rate.
- Assignments will be offered by IOAS on an as-needed basis. The contractor may reject assignments based on availability and/or ability to complete the work.
- It is expected that significant travel will be required, and the contractor must be able to organize travel arrangements and submit all expense receipts as applicable.
- The contractor is obligated to do the assessment work independently, it shall not be subcontracted in any capacity.
- All assessment preparation, execution, and reporting shall be completed based on the IOAS requirements and forms.
Interested parties must have minimum 5 years’ experience in the textiles industry, and additional experience with certification, inspections, and audit requirements. The successful candidates will have been involved with implementing and/or maintaining and/or auditing a Quality Management System in a textiles manufacturing setting. They must be familiar with GOTS and Textile Exchange Certification Standards and requirements and possess good technical knowledge of textile manufacturing processes such as spinning, ginning, wet and dry processing, and finishing. Candidates will also have knowledge and experience with environmental and social aspects of textiles industry and auditing. Lead Assessor Qualification is preferred but not required. The expectation is that the applicant is prepared to hit the ground running immediately upon completion of IOAS systems training and calibration.
Applicants must be able to work on their own as well as part of a team and show good attention to detail. Fluency in English is essential in addition to the local language(s) and at least one other language is highly desirable.
Please visit our website to download the application form (FR0403), and submit the completed form, along with Curriculum Vitae, references, and copies of applicable certifications/qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘2020 Assessor Recruitment’, Attn: Iris Rendon
October 11, 2020