This latest update has incorporated additional requirements to ensure that respect for people, the environment and biodiversity are addressed, and transparent claims are observed in the formulation of cosmetics carrying the NATRUE Label.
- Raw materials from palm oil and palm kernel oil must come from RSPO or other certified sustainable supply chains
- NATRUE has evaluated its standard against the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Simplification of its three certification levels to two. As of 01.01.2021, NATRUE new certified finished cosmetic products will be certified either as “natural” or “organic”.
- Clearer claims for consumer labelling about the natural and organic qualities. (The latest update of the NATRUE Usage Guidelines (Version 2) is available and will also come into force on 01.01.2021).
- No substances from GMOs, silicones, parabens, mineral oils or synthetic fragrances are permitted in the formulation of products carrying the NATRUE Label, and only certain nature-identical preservatives are allowed. (All the NATRUE Criteria guidelines and Annexes updated to the NATRUE Standard Version 3.9 will be available for consultation from December 2020).