The new EU Organic Regulation on production rules has been put for public consultation from 4th November for 4 weeks, until 3 December 2019.
The contents cover:
– Details for the retroactive recognition of the conversion period
– Rules for herbivores: Bovine, Ovine, Caprine, Equine, Cervine, Rabbits
– Rules for poultry and pigs
– Rules for Aquaculture
– Rules for Processed Food and Feed
– Information to be provided by Member States to Commission on availability of organic seed and PRM, animals and aqua juveniles
– Transitional rules
– Annexes on surfaces for animals (including aquaculture)
– Annex with details on database and derogations
For the full details please visit the EU website.