Regulation EU 279/2021 on additional controls, sampling, catalogues of measures by CBs, producers groups and labelling has been published. The link to the this Regulation is available here: Regulation (EU) 2021/279 .
This new Regulation establishes additional requirements for:
- Procedural steps to be followed by the operator in case of detection of residues of non-allowed products & substances
- Official investigation methodology (for certification bodies)
- Use of indications in labelling of in-conversion products
- Composition and dimension of group of operators (maximum 2000 members per group now official)
- Documents and records for groups of operators and notification from the ICS manager
- Minimum percentages of controls and samplings
- Measures in case of non-established non-compliances
- Exchange of information
- Annex I: National catalogues of measures
- Annex II: OFIS template for irregularities notifications by EU-member states
This Regulation comes into force on 1st January 2022.
In addition to the above, a regulation amending date of enforcement of EU 427/2020 (introducing few amendments of Annex II of EU 848/2018) has just been issued – link available here: Regulation (EU) 2021/269. The amendment is a change of the enforcement date to 1st January 2022.