An updated version of COR Operating Manual has been released. The timeline for implementing the COR Operating Manual revisions is December 31, 2020.
The revisions include the following:
- Part B of the manual is being revised to update terminology and to address the findings for the CFIA reassessment of the CVBs in consultation with the CFIA designated CVBs in November 2019.
- The changes provide clarification on the accreditation process by specifying requirements for adding geographical scope and accreditation category to existing accreditation ( B.3.18.1 and B 3.18.2) and outlining the CB remote audits requirements ( B.15).
- The overall intent of Part B remains the same since the proposed amendments does not affect the role of CVB under the COR.
- Part C.12 entitled Requirements for grower group certification under COR has been updated.
- Three new appendices (E, F and G) are added to provide a visual aide and clarification on the interpretation of Part 13 of the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR) in terms of Conformity Verification Bodies (CVBs) management of nonconformities and enforcement actions under COR.
Please note that the revised COR manual is posted on the CFIA Organic Products page at :